The Integrity Project:



"What is integrity? Where can I find it?" People around the globe may ask such questions. It is my goal to answer this question through my eyes through my daily interactions. Integrity is a core value I intentionally apply to my belief system, faith, and personal conduct.





This blog is intended to honor my family who provides support and love as I strive daily to be a disciple of Christ amongst my mortal experiences (blunders and all). As a leader in my faith's Young Women program, I dedicate my Integrity project to my family, friends, and the fantastic young women I am blessed to interact with on a weekly basis. ______________________________________________________________________





Till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me (Job 27:5).







I will have the moral courage to make my actions consistent with my knowledge of right and wrong.







(Young Women Personal Progress: Standing as a Witness of God)







References and Esther Photo Credits:



https://lds.org/young-women/personal-progress/integrity?lang=eng _____________________________________________________________________________















Thursday, August 23, 2012



Joseph, son of Jacob (Israel): Joseph's story of faith and dedication to his Heavenly Father is a testimony of Integrity. No matter the temptation, no matter the price the loss of "power," he held to the rod of integrity.  Genesis 39:9, describes the time Joseph had lost his position in Potipher's house when he resisted the advances of Potipher's wife: "There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?"

Nothing was worth the price of sinning against God.  Joseph's dignity and integrity were intact.  His power and strength to withstand such temptation demonstrates a prime example of integrity.  Joseph left; ran; from sin. He turned his back and never looked behind. 

How can we be like Joseph?  In what ways can we turn from sin and remember Him whom we serve?  How can we teach others such integrity through our actions?

Picture Credits: http://www.lds.org/media-library/images/gospel-art/old-testament?lang=eng#joseph-resists-potiphars-wife-39467

No comments:

Post a Comment