The Integrity Project:



"What is integrity? Where can I find it?" People around the globe may ask such questions. It is my goal to answer this question through my eyes through my daily interactions. Integrity is a core value I intentionally apply to my belief system, faith, and personal conduct.





This blog is intended to honor my family who provides support and love as I strive daily to be a disciple of Christ amongst my mortal experiences (blunders and all). As a leader in my faith's Young Women program, I dedicate my Integrity project to my family, friends, and the fantastic young women I am blessed to interact with on a weekly basis. ______________________________________________________________________





Till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me (Job 27:5).







I will have the moral courage to make my actions consistent with my knowledge of right and wrong.







(Young Women Personal Progress: Standing as a Witness of God)







References and Esther Photo Credits:



https://lds.org/young-women/personal-progress/integrity?lang=eng _____________________________________________________________________________















Sunday, June 17, 2012



"Merlo J," my grandfather, was a man of great integrity.  Being a distinguished editor of the Washington Post, he never swayed to popular opinion and unethical politics.  No matter the topic, he stood firm and true and was a positive influence in the political arena.

Elder Mark E Peterson, of the Council of the Twelve, asked my grandfather to address a gathering of youth (to reach 25,000) on the advantages of clean living and adherence to high standards of integrity. This is a witness of Grandpa's integrity; in spite of the turmoil and subtle persuasions of  adversarial morals rampant around him, he was esteemed in many ways by his standards.

He was firmly rooted in soil that bred honesty, high morals, and supportive thinking to the standards that our country was founded upon. I quote from his journal: "It is integrity, character and simple goodness that men are most in need of today.  We have more scientific information than education and industry can readily absorb.  The mechanical energy at our command is far greater than our understanding of how to use it for the advantage of all. Indeed, these instruments of material progress may actually contribute to the downfall of our civilization if people lack the moral fiber to control their selfish instincts and "liberated" passions...If current calamities are not to become merely a chapter in the epic of destruction, spiritual qualities and a greater degree of moral stamina will have to be recaptured."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765602724/Confidential-interview-with-Justice-Roberts-discovered-in-BYU-Special-Collections.html

No comments:

Post a Comment